Philadelphia News is a direct gateway to a precisely targeted niche market comprised mainly of a Russian-speaking audience located in the Philadelphia metro and Pennsylvania tri-state area.
- United States: 5,500,000 (2nd largest ethnic market in the US)
- Philadelphia Metro: 250,000 (3rd largest ethnic market in the metro)
- 64% are married
- On average 1.6 children
- Higher ownership rates (57% vs. 41%) and smaller family sizes (1.6 vs. 2.44) compared to overall US foreign-born population translate to more wealth and purchase power.
- Median: 32.5 years-old
- <24 years-old: 8.6%
- 25-54 years-old: 47.6%
- > 55 years-old: 44.1%
- 61% hold bachelor’s degree or higher
- 19% hold the equivalent on the US associate degree
- 17% graduated from college
Over 50% of the Russian-speaking population has an average income of over $55,000 compared to a median income of $31,000 for the general Philadelphia population.
- 67.5% are in the managerial, professional, technical and sales occupations
- 21.4% are involved in service related occupations
- 11.9% work as operators, fabricators and laborers
- Higher readership of in-language print media amongst older and first generations
- Higher use of online media among the more acculturated and more tech savvy younger generations