We know rates of uninsured vary dramatically across states. Yet following the implementation of ACA/Obamacare, there’s been a lot of talk but not a lot of real information consumers can use to compare states by insurance coverage rates. To provide consumers with this critical information, today WalletHub released its 2014 Health Insurance Coverage Report which offers consumers an initial projection of uninsured rates by state post-Obamacare.
Health Insurance Coverage in Pennsylvania
- 11.05% of population lacks health insurance (15th lowest in the country).
- Obamacare reduced the uninsured rate by 2.22 percentage points in one year.
- 22.72% of population under 64 is on Medicaid.
- 318,077 individuals enrolled in private health insurance plans under Obamacare.
- 56,983 individuals enrolled in Medicaid between Summer 2013 and April 2014.
For the full report, please visit: